Creating a sustainable elegance lifestyle takes a lifelong commitment - to generate something totally different in the world. It can be strange at first, and you have to always be aware of your choices and be conscious of what you are doing, but it’s usually not all that difficult.
A sustainable elegance lifestyle doesn’t mean living without anything, it means that you are making sure that everything you do, own and use will not produce unintended harmful consequences for society and planet. It is about wishing everyone well in the way in which you live your life or do business, to create greater possibilities for everyone concerned and not to do it from just what you can get out of it.
So what is needed is a total shift in attitude and point of view, as well as an appreciation that how we live our life makes a difference to all of us and to the planet. Sometimes that can mean not choosing to consume a product that is made using practices that don’t promote sustainability. Sometimes it means changing how you do things so that you start becoming more of an active part of the cycle of life.
To create a sustainable elegance lifestyle, you will have to be willing to -
- Commit to become the catalyst for a different possibility in life and in the world.
- Set a sincere commitment to only buy things that have positive contribution for everyone involved, from the producers to the distributors to suppliers to the retailers to you.
- Make a conscious choice to support businesses who make sustainable products, with genuine respect for quality, human life and the environment.
- Reuse and recycle more, and be more aware of where stuff comes from and where it goes whilst maximising resources and minimising waste.
- A sustainable elegance lifestyle is not only generative for the world, it makes you feel good about yourself and the way you view the world.