Practicing self-mastery can help you alter your life in so many ways! It can improve the quality of the various spheres of your life, at the same time.
Some of the top benefits of self-mastery are as follows:
1. Helps in achieving success - Self-mastery is extremely crucial for achieving success in whatever you do! Self-mastery helps you channel your choices and energy in the most creative manner possible. You would be surprised by how much you can get done in a short span of time, if your efforts are directed in a conscious way! You will also be able to better manage your time, when you embrace self-mastery!
2. Improves your personality - When you include the practice of self-mastery into your life, your persona will change gradually. You will no longer be pessimistic and unaware! You will consider each option with awareness and ensure that you are totally conscious of what you are doing. This will inevitably improve your efficiency at work!
When your efficiency is rewarded, you will be more confident. Your outlook will become more and more upbeat. Hence, if you were someone with low self-esteem and low confidence levels, inculcating the practice of self-mastery will certainly help you improve these.
3. You will start believing in yourself! - When you cultivate self-mastery, you will be able to channelize your energy in a systematic manner. When your awareness is directed in a creative and generative way, you will be able to accomplish a lot.
When you are able to see your choice translating into many new possibilities, you will feel a sense of accomplishment. You will start believing in yourself more. You will trust yourself to see a task to its completion. Your confidence levels will improve tremendously and will have a positive effect on the quality of your work as well!
4. Helps in improving relationships - On the personal front, you will be more conscious of your reactions. This will ensure that you don’t immediately react to a situation. You will be trusted by others to stay calm and take an informed decision. This trust removes unnecessary troubles or misunderstandings in your relationships with others. Your conversations with others also will be more engaging!
5. Improves your mental clarity - When you practice self-mastery, you will be able to present calmness in all situations. You will tackle any situation in a conscious manner. This automatically improves your mental clarity. How so? Let’s assume that you are in a chaotic situation. When your mind is unruly, you will be all over the place. There will be thousands of thoughts crossing your mind at the same time. You may end up reacting, without actually thinking it through! Your mind will be clouded by the emotions and anxiety and you wouldn’t be able to think straight.
On the other hand, when you function from awareness, you will be able to assess the situation in a calm and composed manner. You will approach the situation in a conscious manner. This will help you see different possibilities. Hence, without a doubt, self-mastery improves your mental clarity and your ability to make sound decisions.
6. Helps you appreciate life better - Your attitude changes when you have self-mastery. You will start seeing the silver lining in any situation. You will start being grateful for the various things around you.
When you learn to appreciate even the smallest of things around you, you will be able to find happiness in whatever you do! You don’t need external stimuli to keep you happy. You will feel contented and happy, even when the odds are stacked against you. All this comes hand in hand with self-mastery!
7. Helps you let go of your limitations and bad habits! - Self-mastery is extremely crucial when you are trying to mend your ways and get rid of your bad habits, especially addictions! Unless you cultivate self-mastery, you will not be able to resist the bad habits. Hence, self-mastery is the first step before you attempt to let go of any habits. When you embrace self-mastery, you don’t need external motivation to stick to your schedule.
Including self-mastery into your life is not an unpleasant experience, contrary to popular belief. It is all a matter of perspective. You can look at self-mastery as a set of rules and dismiss it, only to regret it later. Or you can look at it as an opportunity to align your life with your priorities, aspirations and desires!