To engage fully with life requires that we learn more about the things that can help us strike a balance in all aspects of our life. One of the best things about life is that we never have to stop learning. In fact, we are learning every day and most of the time we are not even aware that we are learning. So, when we really begin to make a conscious choice to learn something new each day - ah, that is when real generative living begins!
Choose to learn something new each day and you will take a very important step towards expanding your awareness and insight of the world around you. This is a new frontier for most people. Not too many people seemed to have the time or the interest to learn something new each day.
Most people are content with what they already know and have no desire to deepen their understanding of the world around them. They think that learning for the sake of learning is frivolous and trivial. They don't realize a different possibility can exist when they choose to learn something new each day.
Learning is a part of life, and the learning process in our life never stops. Learning does not only exist in the classroom or just in schools, it is everywhere. We can learn from almost everyone. There are so many more possibilities available to us than we realise. For us to live life to the fullest, we must continually look for new information and knowledge. Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. And, it is so much fun to learn something new each day.
We often think about learning as the way to gain skills that allow us to land better jobs. Now this isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about learning something new just for the fun of it. Can you imagine what it would be like to continue learning just for the love of learning, without having to seek a job. This is my idea of a joyful living: gain new insights and learn new unexpected things to get the creative juices flowing.
5 Reasons why it is important to learn something new each day
1. Keep our mind sharp and active - learning something every day and staying cognitively active will tone our hippocampi and lower the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Increase our brain power - learning a new skill can rewire our brain within hours.
3. Make us more creative - when we use our brain in an unusual way, creative juices truly start flowing.
4. Enhance our quality of life - learning new things can help us break out of our normal patterns of behaviour and our daily worries.
5. Self-improvement and growth - self-growth is key for us to live fulfilling lives