The health benefits of Cucumber and Lemon water is that it is an alkaline balancing mixture that can assist in balancing PH in our body (pH stands for power of hydrogen, which is a measurement of the hydrogen ion concentration in the body). Disease cannot thrive in an alkaline body. So, a balanced pH is everything if we want our body to function at its optimal level. For good health our bodies need to be slightly alkaline (with a pH of between 7.365 and 7.45).
Cucumber & Lemon water is a “superfood”.... it is very nutrient rich and good for our body. Among its many health benefits, cucumber & lemon water enhance our body’s ability to fight disease and promote healthy aging.
What else is Cucumber & Lemon water Good For?
1. Cucumber & Lemon water is packed with Vitamin C and antioxidants. Research has shown that antioxidants may be able to reverse or stop this damage. Vitamin C and anti-oxidants double as an immune system booster, helping to fight free radicals and stay well. Antioxidants are substances that help prevent and delay cell damage from oxidative stress caused by free radicals, which are unstable molecules produced normally by the body. Free radicals can be increased during exercise or exposure to things in the environment like the sun, cigarette smoke or pollution.
2. Cucumbers contain silica, which provides extra benefits to the skin and muscle tissues. Silica is nature’s anti-aging secret. Cucumber & Lemon water makes a great contribution to the overall health of your skin, muscles, and your body in general. It will cleanse toxins from your body that would normally erupt as unsightly blemishes.
3. Cucumber has a compound called cucurbitacins and a group of nutrients called lignans, which may have a role in protecting us from cancer. Cucumber & Lemon water has a detoxing effect and will naturally flush your body of toxins.
4. Cucumber also contains an anti-inflammatory flavonal called fistein that has been shown to play a crucial role in promoting brain health. It is known to improve memory and even protect our nerve cells from declining due to aging.
5. Cucumber also high in pantothenic acid or vitamin B-5, which has been used to treat acne. According to the National Institute of Health, one cup of sliced cucumber has about 5 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin B-5.
6. Cucumber is a great source of potassium and magnesium. Potassium is an electrolyte that helps regulate the amount of sodium retained by the kidneys. Drinking cucumber & lemon water helps your body get more potassium, potentially helping to lower your blood pressure.
7. Cucumber is also high in vitamin K. Our body needs vitamin K to help form proteins that are needed to make healthy bones and tissues as well as to help your blood clot properly. In fact, one cup of sliced cucumbers has about 19 percent of the recommended daily value.
When selecting cucumbers for your water, look for ones that are green in color, feel firm to the touch, and are round at both ends. Don’t use cucumbers that are yellow, have soft spots, or look wrinkly at the ends.